Thursday, August 25, 2011

Break through....I'm back on the road :)

Someone was lifting me up this morning!  At 6:00am my alarm went off next to my ear, and I hit the snooze to roll back over.  Then I heard Him whispering in my ear, "Come on, get up you can do it!  I'll be running with you.  You can do this.  I love you."  Yes, that would be our Dad telling me to get up and go, and I did!  Whoever was talking to Him this morning about me please keep it up, it is awesome that He communicates with us in this way.  To translate all of that this morning for the first time in 7 weeks I woke up, put on my running clothes, put hair up, put on my running shoes and ran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Only by His grace.  After 7 weeks of not having run it was painful towards the end and I could only keep it up for about 15 minutes without feeling like I had to hurl.  But I got out and I ran, and I felt so good afterwards.  Stretching this morning hurt like crazy because I was stretching muscles I had not stretched out in 7 weeks, but I ran.  Tomorrow I hope will be day number 2 of running in Camel Land. 

I'm not going to lie running here made me miss my trails and the peaceful quiet of a neighbourhood.  However, as I ran He gave me this idea and a goal to work towards.  In a year I hope to be taking a vacation in the US, and while I'm there my goal is to be ready to do a half marathon somewhere.  Please ask that I can keep to this, and train for it.  Also ask that I'll know which race to pick, and ask that I'll have enough funds to pay the entrance fee.  Thank you for lifting me up in this way please keep doing so.  He gave me running 3 years ago as a way to relieve stress and focus on Him please ask that I will continue to hold to it.

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Yay Rachel!!! I've been a bit out of it too, but setting goals (like races!!) has helped me tremendously! (Maybe I can do the half marathon with you depending on the time/place!!!) I love ya friend and am praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete