Thursday, November 10, 2011

Moving

In the last post I revealed that He has made a way for me to leave DD and move to the capital city in Camel Land.  At the time I posted that I was still unsure of a lot of the details in that move, and in actuality I am still unsure of a lot details.  However, now I know that I am moving on Monday, Nov. 14.  I sent half of my belongings with a friend that came to visit at the beginning of the week, so two of the four suitcases I brought are now in the capital.   I will be taking the other two plus a small carry on and a backpack with me on Monday.  I will be flying, so pr that I have no trouble with the weight of my bags or checking them on!  Pr also for a safe flight.  I now know that I will be staying in a guest house until the end of December, and then hopefully will be some place more permanent by the end of January.  I still do not know what language learning will look like or what my role will be in Service in the city, but I am trying to trust Him on this and I ask that you would be pr for this too.

This past week I have been taking pictures of things and people again, so I thought I would share a few more.
This is a picture of a lake in the southern part of Camel Land ( you can tell this is not desert country!).  It is a lake that has formed in a volcanic crater and people have naturally built their homes and plowed their fields around this lake.  this was taken about 3 weeks ago when I was in the South.

Below is a close up shot of the lake you see in the picture on the left.


To the left is a picture of another of the 5 gates into the Walled City.  This is probably the prettiest gate.  However, it's named for the evil spirits they don't want inside the walls, and traditionally only those with evil spirits ever went in or out of this gate.  Please remember to pr for the Walled City when you see this picture.  This gate is about 600 years old.   On the right is a picture of me inside a traditional home in the Walled City.  This home is owned by 4 sisters, who use it as their home and a guest house.  Their family has more wealth than the average family so their home is just a little more ornate than is usual.  Everything on the walls has a practical and decorative purpose.  The baskets are used to hold food at meal times, and the metal trays are as well.  When they aren't in use they are hung on the walls (no kitchen cabinets), and serve as decorations until the next meal time.  On the left you see me and a friend sitting outside a fabric shop on Singer Street (named for the old singer sewing machines you see up and down this street.  This is also taken within the walls of the Walled City.  This street is about 600 years old.  On the right is our friend inside the fabric shop, this is her store.  She was busy sewing a slip for us.  Continue to lift me up as I move and all the details of that.  Please keep lifting up the people here in the Horn.  Pr for the Walled City as my friend A goes tomorrow with some of our teammates to see about starting a project among this people.  Ask that they would find favour with the gov. officials on this project, and that He would supply and provide the right partner for A to work with on this.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment